US Navy Ship Recognition Model Kit Mark I Supplement I WWII
This is an original WWII-era Ship Recognition Model Kit, Mark I Supplement 1, of ships of the US Navy made by H.A. Framburg & Co. The kit contains 14 metal ship models mounted on individual removable wood shelves, all date-stamped 12-44. The kit was used to train US Navy seamen to identify ships at sea.
Included ships/ship types are:
- Aircraft Carriers Saratoga and Enterprise
- Light Carrier Independence
- Escort Carrier Casablanca
- Battleship Iowa
- Large (Battle) Cruiser Alaska
- Heavy Cruiser Louisville
- Light Cruisers Brooklyn and Oakland
- Destroyers Porter and Sumner
- Destroyer Escorts Buckley and Rudderow
- Patrol Frigate Tacoma
Kit measures 12 x 11 x 4 inches. Most ships are in very good condition; 3 carriers are missing all or pieces of their islands.