Aldis Signal/Spot Light Kit and Lenses Ref No 5A/823 RCAF 1940-43
Here is an original WWII-era Aldis Signal Light Kit as used by the Royal Canadian Air Force. The light was used either as a spotlight (by squeezing and holding the large trigger) or as a signal light (by squeezing the small trigger, which altered the angle of the projected light) to transmit Morse code. Atop the light housing is a tubular sight to ensure that the light is aimed at the intended recipient to ensure accurate interpretation of any Morse code signals and reading of any signals from that party.
The kit includes (all Ref No's are Canadian):
- Signal Light 5A/823 1940 with Clear Lens 5A/1320 mounted
- Lamp (11V/31W) in separate box
- Wooden Case 5A/226
- Extension Cable
- Spare Clear Lens 5A/1320 (packaged separately)
- Spare Red Lens 5A/1152 (packaged separately)
- 2-Spare Green Lenses 5A/1151 (each packaged separately)
The wooden case measures 12in wide x 9in deep x 8in high. While the case shows its age, it still functions as it should. The signal light is in very good condition, but its ability to light has not been tested. The condition of the lamp appears intact but has not been tested.