B-29 Superfortress Familiarization and Maintenance Manual, USAAF 1944
This artifact resides in our Private Collection, yet we welcome inquiries from restorers, museums, or serious enthusiasts. Please email us with the name of the artifact at Curator@AeroAntique.com.
This is an authentic B-29 Familiarization and Maintenance Manual as designed by Boeing and published by AAF Publications of the US Army Air Force. This is its first printing, June 1944.
The manual, with ~634 pages, describes the following systems of the aircraft in dedicated, color-tabbed sections:
- Introduction (an overview of the entire aircraft with illustrations and diagrams) 30 pages
- Electrical, 63 pages
- Fuel System, 38 pages
- Control Stands and Instruments, 15 pages
- Cabin Supercharger and Heating System, 53 pages
- Landing Gear, 38 pages
- Oxygen System, 15 pages
- Ground Handling and Lubrication, 28 pages
- Armament, 67 pages
- Vacuum and De-Icer System, 30 pages
- Hydraulic System, 43 pages
- Communications, 38 pages
- Oil System, 24 pages
- Turbosupercharger and Induction System, 41 pages
- Anti-Icer System, 10 pages
- Power Plant, 24 pages
- Flight and Engine Controls, 54 pages
- Pumps, 21 pages
The manual consists of loose leaf pages inserted into a hard cover binder in exceptional condition. It contains both color and black and white illustrations, including several as multiple-page fold-outs. All pages appear to be in place and intact (no tears or missing pages have been identified). There are no pencil or pen markings on the pages. We would assess it to be in Very Good grade condition.